Congratulations you found the easter eggs before the Easter Bunny!
REGISTER for your chance to win the ultimate Easter Basket!
Delectable Chocolates since 1914, Australia’s legendary chocolatier since 1914 now online. Ernesthillier.com.au
Gladstone Regional Council reminds business owners of licenced premises that licence renewal fees are due to be paid on, or before, 28 June.
Gladstone Region Acting Mayor Chris Trevor said Council had issued 350 renewal notices in April with 217 currently outstanding.
“This is just a timely reminder for those who may have overlooked the original notice that the date for licence renewal fees is fast approaching,” Councillor Trevor said.
He said it was important for licence renewals to be paid on time as overdue payments would incur additional fees and operating restrictions would apply.
Owners of licenced premises who fail to pay by 28 June will be issued a $148 overdue renewal fee as of 1 July, on top of the renewal fee and will be unable to operate until the total is paid in full.
“Basically, owners of licenced premises who do not pay and continue to operate will be doing so illegally,” Cr Trevor said.
He said in such cases, these owners could then face an additional fine and in the most extreme of circumstances could lead to Council enforcement to shut operations down.
Various ways to pay renewal fees include:
• Online, using licence number and payment reference number, via Council’s website www.gladstone.qld.gov.au through the ‘pay, apply, report online’ button.
• By BPay – contact your bank or financial institution to make this payment from a cheque, savings, debit, credit card or transaction account. More info: www.bpay.com.au
• In person at any Council Customer Service Centre
• By phone (07) 4970 0700, or
• By post to Health, Environment and Pest Group, Gladstone Regional Council, PO Box 29, Gladstone Qld 4680.